At SLT for Kids we have qualified and experienced speech and language therapists who can carry out a range of assessments to suit the needs of your child. The speech and language therapists use the assessment to identify your child’s specific difficulties and the impact these have on your child’s daily activities at home and in school.
Benefits of SLT assessments:
- Gain insight into your child’s difficulties and their impact on home and school life.
- Define goals for therapy.
- Opportunity to discuss your concerns about your child’s difficulties.
- Tailored advice and strategies following the assessment on how best to help your child.
Speech and language therapy assessments
Some common assessments that speech and language therapists use include:
- Receptive language assessment
- Expressive language assessment
- Speech assessment
- Dysphagia assessment
- Voice assessment
- Social communication assessment
- Stammering assessment
- Assessment of Comprehension and Expression
- New Reynell Developmental Language Scales
- Preschool Language Scales
- Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals
- Test of Abstract Language Comprehension
- South Tyneside Assessment of Phonology
- South Tyneside Assessment of Syntactic Structure
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication assessment
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule
- Multidisciplinary assessment
- Skype assessment
If there is an assessment you would like for your child that is not listed above, please do not hesitate to contact one of our speech and language therapists.
The speech and language therapist will use their expertise and experience to choose the best form of assessment for your child. If you would like to refer your child for an assessment then please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0330 088 2298.