Speech and language therapy aims to improve your child’s voice functioning by providing therapy that demonstrates and establishes appropriate use and maintenance of voice.
Our speech and language therapists will work with you and your child to create a therapy programme that targets the factors that impact your child’s voice as well as developing appropriate voice. Our speech and language therapists will work closely with you and the school to create a therapy programme that involves educating teachers and parents on how to maintain a child’s appropriate use of voice.
The purpose of voice therapy
Voice therapy is done in order to improve the child's use of their voice and is aimed towards meeting their personal goals. All therapy is tailored to the child's needs, the purpose of voice therapy includes:
- Improve the use of your child’s voice.
- Increase their confidence and self-esteem when using their voice.
- Improve the strategies of teachers and parents when managing the use of the child’s voice.
- Improve access to educational environment.
- Provide the child with social and emotional benefits.
The therapy process
Speech and language therapy for voice difficulties may include:
What will voice therapy involve?
There are many different types of voice therapy available, a specific treatment option will be chosen specific to the child's needs and will be tailored to them. Read more in Voice therapy.