Education, Health and Care plan report
An Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan gives details about the additional educational or health requirements your child may need to ensure they receive the correct level of support and therapy in order to access the curriculum and succeed to the best of their abilities.
We can support your application for an EHCP; provide an update report for amending an EHCP; or support with a second opinion when engaging in an EHCP tribunal.
What is paediatric speech and language therapy?
Paediatric speech and language therapy is provided to any child from the ages of 0-18 that requires extra support with their speech, langauge, social communication and / or swallowing. At SLT for Kids we have a team of speech and language therapists dedicated to helping each child achieve their best potential.
The purpose of an EHCP report is decided by you and agreed in advance to ensure that you are receiving the correct level of detail required. Reports are written by our speech and language therapists following an assessment and therefore reflect the difficulties your child is experiencing and the impact of these on your child’s learning and development. Once an EHC plan has been granted, the intervention decided on can also be implemented by our therapists or therapy assistants to support the goals set.
In order to complete an EHCP report we would need to arrange an:
- Initial consultation and case history session
- Review of previous documentation (where applicable)
- Assessment session(s) with the student
- Observation of the student in the setting (where appropriate)
The team will provide a bespoke quote based on the students needs and requirements to obtain a full picture of their needs.
Following information and assessment sessions your therapist will then put together a comprehensive report to be shared with the Local Authority.
The report will contain the following:
- Details of all strengths and areas of need identified by the assessment, observation and discussion with parents/school staff.
- Recommendations for provision for your child in school The report will the contain information about how the school can adapt to create a better communicative and learning environment for your child considering universal, targeted and specialist recommendations. Recommendations may include 1:1 or group interventions and support with a teaching assistant or providing your child with visual support and adapted teaching materials.
- Goal setting
The report will also provide long term and short-term goals, who will be responsible, and how these may be achieved and reviewed.
The report will provide recommendations for intervention, if appropriate, that may be carried out by school staff or by our therapists or therapy assistants.
Each student we work with is individual and unique and therefore our reports are bespoke to their needs.
Following the completion of an EHCP report we are also able to provide costing information for our service providing the recommendations outlined in the provision recommendations.If you are interested in obtaining a EHCP report, or would like to know more about it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0330 088 2298.